Thursday, November 8, 2012

On blogging...

So here it is. My first blog post. It almost didn't happen.

"There are too many blogs now, " I thought. "What can I say that hasn't already been said in one of the gazillions of blog posts in existence?" And I would know considering I spend hours parked in front of my laptop trying to keep caught up on none other than...my favorite blogs. Fashion blogs, food blogs, design blogs, funny blogs, travel blogs, inspirational blogs. You name it, there's a blog about it. Even the word 'blog' is fading into ubiquity.

Yet here I am.

And I'm glad I'm taking the plunge into the same world that spawned many of my sources of daily inspiration: The Glamourai, The Sartorialist, desire to inspire, God, I Love Paris, and so many more. I asked myself, "How can I even put my measly little blog out there when the likes of these people have come before me?" But that's why blogging is awesome. You can maintain an imaginative blog filled with unique ideas without being rich or being a celebrity or having a certain career or living in a certain city. Literally anyone can do it.

In the end, I decided to begin this adventure because I think it will make me happy. I want to fill it with content that, at the very least, you don't regret having taken the time to experience. With all that said, I'm ready to start this thing off right. With a cute kitten picture.




Here's to many more blog posts,
Meaghan

Photo credit: Nevena Uzurov/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment