Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On boots...

So my first real content post is going to be about boots, and I'm totally ok with that. There's that time in early fall when one starts in with, "I miiiiisssss my booooots!" And then that time you actually get to start wearing then. At which point you realize there are not nearly enough pairs in your closet.

Here are some of the ones I've had my eye on this season.

Zara, I can't even with these two.

I'm pretty sure these would fill my wannabe rocker girl quotient any day of the week.


Who doesn't need a high heeled red ankle bootie, right? I would throw them on with dark skinnies, a white tee, and a stand out accessory. Outfit complete. No fuss.



Then there's these puppies from the new Maison Martin Margiela for H&M line launching this week (Thursday to be exact).


 
Apparently I'm a sucker for ankle booties. But wait...my calves need coverage too, so I can't end the post without showing you the boots I actually might end up purchasing. Because believe it or not, I do not own a pair of flat black riding-style boots. This pair by Sofft fits the bill.




There you have them. The boots I've been drooling over since late summer. But how can I leave you without a pair over which we may all drool? And for which we would have to take out a second mortgage to finance? Rag & Bone, my darlings, you have done well. Your classic Newbury boot in this season's best color: oxblood. They can be yours for only $625.



Now I must bid you adieu, as I'm about to drift off to a land of chunky heels, ankle lengths, over-the-knees and riding styles.

Here's to sweet bootie dreams,
Meaghan

Zara Flat Ankle Boot  
Zara Basic Ankle Boot  
MMM for H&M Plexi Wedge Ankle Boot 
Sofft Claremont Riding Boot
rag & bone Classic Newbury

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this idea and I think you're gonna be an awesome blogger. Also, I've got a potential solution to your Rag & Bone price problem: these (not quite as awesome but much cheaper) oxblood booties (they may not look oxblood online, but they are) from anthro ON SALE, which I picked up this weekend. I'm sharing the find with you as a "housewarming present" link in honor of your new blog: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopsale-shoes/24938631.jsp
    (if the link doesn't work, they're called the "fringe flip ankle boots" in the sale shoes tab on the website).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle!!! Those Anthro boots are pretty awesome. They're for sure going on my ever-growing list of stuff I want to buy.

      Delete