Monday, February 11, 2013

A World of Wallpaper

I am obviously not the first person to say this, but wallpaper is back in a huge way. There are so many beautiful patterns and textures nowadays that, were I actually decorating a home, I just don't know how the hell I would choose. Here are a few of my favorites:







Bailey McCarthy of Peppermint Bliss is responsible for these first three feats of wallpaper magic. She is the queen of using a wallpaper you might not ever think to be chic (like this yellow floral) and just working it.



image via desire to inspire

image via Design*Sponge

A bathroom is such a good place to start out with wallpaper. You really do get the most impact for the least amount of money. Plus the smaller space allows you to be maybe be more daring with your choice.



And I just had to include this one because it's SO dreamy. I think I'm most attracted to wallpapers with organic, nature-driven themes (hence the vines, trees, coral, koi fish). They're just more soothing to the eye. I'll just have to be careful though because one day every inch of my house may be covered in wallpaper.

Would that really be so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment