Sunday, February 17, 2013

[Look of the Week]

This past week was New York Fashion Week for the Fall/Winter 2013 collections. And like every Fashion Week, I spent it with my computer/phone glued to my lap/hands, wishing I could be there to experience it. One day.*

So this week's Look of the Week is not just one look. I just couldn't choose one, but the theme is coats. Wonderful, luxurious, colorful, embellished, perfectly structured, wear-them-with-anything coats courtesy of J.Crew Collection.



This. Is. Fabulous. The entire collection was inspire by the designer's trip to Marrakech, and this piece best represents that. I think I love this so much because it's a chameleon coat. There are so many colors in it that you could pretty much wear it with anything, dressed up or down.


Chameleon coat #2. This pattern needs to be made into a wallpaper and put in my bathroom.


Chameleon coat #3. This coat is so ladylike. The crystal embellishments ramp up the neutral color in the best possible way, and you don't have to be dressed up to wear it.



I couldn't resist sharing these last two looks because, well, just look at them. To see this collection in it's entirety, go here.

The J.Crew collection was obviously my favorite of the week, but here are a few of the others that stood out**:

1. Donna Karen | The best use of jersey knit I have ever seen. This collection rivaled J.Crew as my favorite.
2. Jenny Packham | Her collections top my list each and every fashion week. The dusty mauves, peaches, and inky blues are very boudoir chic.
3. Kate Spade | So girly and fun. I loved that this collection was full of cheeky pieces mixed with elegant shapes and luxe textures.
4. Nanette Lapore | Two words: iridescent accessories.

* Did you know that you can volunteer at NYFW? It's on the top of my bucket list.
** I realized after writing this post that my favorite collections (save J.Crew) are all from female designers. I guess no one knows how to dress a woman like another woman.

All images courtesy of style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment